Thursday, 8 January 2009

Twilight

Did I mention that I got the novel Twilight for Christmas? I'd been intrigued because so many women of all ages seemed to be hooked, and I love me a good vampire story.

I read it cover to cover on Christmas Day while sick in bed. It's a good read and hard to put down,

...but....

...quite simply I won't be buying any more in the series.

No spoilers here, but I just couldn't really connect with any of the characters. The female lead is irresistible to living men and vampire men, because... she's pretty and smells good. The male lead is irresistible to everyone because... he's beautiful and smells good. You couldn't imagine just sitting down with either of them over a cup of coffee for a good chat.

And whenever she tries to snog him she faints. Big whoop.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Try reading "Bitten" by Kelley Armstrong - that is a good read. First in a series... this one is about werewolves, but subsequent ones have vampires in. I could hardly put it down - sort of the supernatural set in the real world in a way you could almost imagine happening.

Grumpy Chair said...

I bought the book for the same reason, plus I needed a diversion . . . wouldn't think of reading the sequels - just not that interesting.

But oh soooo happy to read about Bluebottle!!!!!! Congratulations!