Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Shhh

Listen, do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell? Closer, let me whisper in your ear...


The second line is faint, but it's there...

Milord doesn't want to tell anyone yet. I think he's struggling with the idea... after a few exclamations of "Oh shit!" and "I guess we have a surplus of wine now!" I gently told him to say something nice before I thumped him.

I'm terrified. I'm excited. I'm happy. I'm not ready. I'm totally ready. Oh god.

1 week down, 39 to go.

Edit: I've been googling and they say we count from the first day of my last period, which doesn't make much sense does it? So officially I'm 4 weeks along! Wow, that was sudden!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

HOLY MOLY, Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Hmm, perhaps I should wait on your Pay it forward gift until you know what you're having! No, I won't do that, but I *will* have your address for a baby gift!!!

Oh, and I know you worried about meds. Most cold medications are okay during pregnancy, and baby isn't implanted until the 8th day after conception-meaning nothing in the bloodstream has gotten to baby Saffa.

Wow!

Suzanne said...

Oh, to calculate due date: take date of last period, add a week, then count back three months. Voila, due date (but tell people two weeks later than that and they won't hound you with the "have you had that baby YET?!")

I guess the guest bedroom is becoming a nursery, woohoo!

SeXyF said...

Yahooooooooo!!!

Julie said...

wow congratulations! you are going to be awesome, Very excited for you.

Kathryn Meakin said...

Hey, SO excited for you!! That is FABULOUS news!!!! :)