Friday, 18 July 2008

I'm Getting Old!

Well, of course I am, every second - but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

I can fool myself most of the time: I dye the grey out of my hair; I moisturise and stay out of the sun; I hit the gym and tone things up; I have learned (usually) when to stop drinking so that the hangover doesn't hit too hard; I quit smoking nearly a decade ago. I'm probably in better condition that some 20-somethings!

But you can't fake everything... the latest item to age on me is my eyes. How annoying is this?! I've had perfectly good eyesight for 36 years and now I don't. My computer monitor gives me a headache. Just that. I can read books ok, but I can't look at a computer for more than a few minutes without it feeling like someone is trying to drill a channel behind my eyes.

Guess what I do for 8 hours a day 5 days a week? Yeah. Fab.

So now I wear glasses for the computer. For a couple of years I only needed them at work, and then only if I was working too much or hungover. Now I need them all the time, and I find I need them at home for the laptop too.

*growl*

No comments: