Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Preggy Update

Week: 17

pregnancy

Your baby will begin to form fat this week. [...] Your baby is approximately 5 inches long and weighs in at about 140-145 grams (5 ounces).

As your baby goes through some growth changes (getting bigger and beginning to add fat deposits under the skin) you may find yourself growing too. Average weight gain to this point in pregnancy is about five to ten pounds, but don't worry if you are a little off.


I'm feeling fine. A little weary, but I'm resigned to not getting my energy back again... this year? No movements yet, but they say I should feel something any day now.

My weight is still steady at 71kg although I forgot to take any measurements today. I'm kind of surprised, because Milord was away for a few days last week and I lived on spag bol for 4 nights straight! Guess the baby is sucking in the nutrients.

Milord is funny - he keeps "testing" me to check I'm not doing the "wrong" things.

Me: I actually made it to the gym today!
Him: Oh good. Did you have a nice run?
Me: I'm not doing any running, I just do low-impact stuff these days.
Him: Excellent.

Me: I'm going to have a bath.
Him: A nice hot bath?
Me: No, just a warm one, I can't have a hot one.
Him: Yes, I know.

It's got the point where if I think I'm doing something borderline like lying on my back or eating peanut butter I don't tell him it could be iffy!

No comments: