Monday, 23 March 2009

Blog heading underground... maybe

I've been thinking about this for a long time... Sometimes my blog offends people who I know in Real Life.

A week or so ago I went though several years of posts and deleted anything that folk might find offensive. I moved my personal self-censorship from "moderate" to "strict". I barely allude to things that trouble me and my blog has become a colourless recital of pregnancy symptoms...

...and still the other day I received calls and messages from Sis taking exception to something I wrote.

I really am on the brink of taking my blogging elsewhere, where no one knows me and I can say what I like.

Would you mind? Would you miss me? Would you follow?

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

I would miss you terribly! Offensive? What the heck have you written that's offensive, because I can't see it.

If you do go underground, leave a forwarding address. Please!

Kat said...

Oh no, don't go! It's part of my daily routine to check your news :) Still I guess when the little one arrives you may have less time for blogging anyway. Well if you move on do let me know where to!

waterbob said...

Hi Chick
You are part of my routine and your honest and actual feelings are part of the you I enjoy. I can understand that the world is full of folk that can take almost anything the wrong way especially opinions about what they say or do or have done.
Be yourself but if you do decide to move, please let me know where you go.
Your oldest fan.

Doc Manette said...

If you do go underground, please let me know. I have enjoyed reading your adventures and look forward to your motherhood adventures.

Louise said...

i came across your blog a little while ago and now I read it every day! I would definitely miss it.

Caitlin The Pure Warrior said...

you didn't offend me. you can always write what you want about me. it was a misunderstanding. i love you lots. don't change anything we always talk things through. so don't change your blog luv cait

Nat said...

Please let me know where you move to....would really miss keeping up with your life!

Julie said...

yes totally following!!