Friday, 20 March 2009

Preggy Pants

Ok, so there isn't much else of interest going on in my life!

  • Work is hectic - we are 2 weeks from release date and are working long hours to meet the deadline. I haven't had to work a weekend yet but it may still happen.

  • Our renovation plans are with the council for approval and we're still waiting for a quote from one of our builders. We hope to begin in the first week of April, but who knows?

  • Milord are I are trying to scrape up the money we will need for the house and the baby, so we're staying in a lot. I don't want to drink and he's mostly joined me on the wagon, so we have very quiet nights in and are usually reading a book in bed by 10pm.


The only fun happening is my burgeoning belleh!

Yesterday I went shopping for maternity pants (that's "trousers" not "knickers" for you poms reading this). I've decided to get a couple of good trousers from a posh shop and the rest of the gear cheap from K-Mart and Target. There is a Pumpkin Patch near work so I popped in there at lunchtime - they have a small maternity section behind all the kids clothes.

I had to ask for help with the sizing as everything is S/M/L not the usual 10/12/14 - there was a tiny sign with the conversions but I didn't see it! (I'm an M by the way...) I picked up some pants and took them into the change room.

It has to be the first time since I was about 12 that I've shopped for clothes for comfort not "do I look thin in this?"! Ok so I certainly don't look thin - if anything they really accentuate the bump by being cut to go underneath it. I read in a pregnancy magazine that I'd do myself a favour by buying maternity gear rather than just getting bigger normal clothes, because the cut is totally different - and they are so right! My maternity trousers fit nicely in the bum and leg, and allow for the bump in front without being baggy.

I bought a pair of jeans and a pair of black work slacks - both in stretchy material and with enough legroom to allow for growth of bum and thigh. IrishMILF told me that her thighs grew out of her maternity jeans within a month of buying them (she does tend toward skin-tight gear), so I've erred on the side of loose although they're not baggy. The jeans have a built in "belly-band" which made Milord laugh (this will stop the belly peeking out from under tops when I'm bigger, but for now it looks like I have really huge knickers on that reach up to my waist!).

We have casual Fridays at the bank and I've worn my new jeans in. And they are fantastic - it's like being in pyjama bottoms they are so comfortable! Nothing digging into the bump... aaah.

I'm very chuffed.

Tomorrow I'm off to K-Mart to look for loose tops and bigger bras (My C-cups are feeling a little tight). Shopping woohoo!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I need your address for when I make your item (I haven't forgotten), but there's another purpose for the expanding baby belleh.

A summertime baby meant I had the coolest sundresses to wear. If you're the dress sort, I suggest you get a couple.

Saffa Chick said...

We're coming into winter here, if you mean get some preggy dresses? Actually I'm looking around for a coat that might cover my bump when the going get really chilly in a couple of months!

carina said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

Thanks,
Carina - Maternity clothing