Friday, 25 January 2008

Zombies

I love zombie movies...

One of my favourite movies of all time is Shaun of the Dead - a British comedy/horror. It is hysterically funny - if you like British humour and don't mind a bit of gore give it a watch.

A couple of years ago I popped over to Australia to have a closer look at Milord after 5 months of emailing. We had a very rainy day during my visit and rented a couple of DVDs. He chose something about Peter Sellers and I chose Shaun of the Dead telling him he was going to love it... he did, but it probably wasn't the best choice for a "first date" kind of movie! Zombies don't exactly get you all romantic, eh? (The Peter Sellers movie was worse I reckon. I didn't enjoy it and fell asleep halfway through)

It's now one of Milord's favourite movies, so I was right about him... we have the same sense of humour although he really struggled with Napoleon Dynamite which I thought was very funny.

Yesterday we watched Dawn of the Dead, on which Shaun of the Dead is loosely based. Milord sat through the first part of it going "Now what are you making me watch? This is rubbish." until he finally relaxed and let himself be sucked into the story. He tends to resist ridiculous movies, but enjoys them eventually - and so too with this one. At the end he turned to me and said "Yeah, you're right, that was excellent!".

I've also made him watch 28 Days Later, and he liked it so much we rented 28 Weeks Later soon afterwards. I didn't like that one as much - it was too gruesome.

What things have you introduced your other half to, that they were surprised to discover they enjoyed?

8 comments:

Brynne said...

You know I would have to say that I've introduced my better half to the world of musicals and he's taken to them quite well. some of them better then other's we've seen together beauty and the beast. and next month he's taking me to see Wicked. (I am so excited I've seen it already but I loved it I'm so glad that we are seeing it) he on his own has seen Guys and Dolls, Kiss Me Kate, Titanic, CATS, The Slipper and the Rose (based off of Cinderella) ummm Music Man, and possibly Brigadoon. Now the only reason he saw these on his own is because I was on stage. he was a really good sport about all of them, I knew that he wasn't really into theater but because I was in it he supported me. And he has gotten me into the insanity that is World of Warcraft. And now I go to his softball games (I never was into jocks) but he's a jock.

Betty said...

Shaun of the Dead was hilarious. I didn't think I would like it at all, but really enjoyed it.

Canadian Girl said...

Shaun of the Dead is fantastic - my favourite zombie movie. If you like the two main actors, check them out in Hot Fuzz. It's funny as well.

Suzanne said...

I've never seen Dawn of the Dead, but I caught Shaun of the Dead half way through once on TV and was captivated.

I've introduced my husband to the love of reading, especially my Chick Lit authors. This morning, I went in to wake him and found he had been reading all that time. Katie MacAllister, too.

He, in turn, got me to watch and enjoy all forms of motorsports. Right now, he's over in Orlando with my younger son at a Monster Truck show. I'd be there, too, if not for older son's sensory issues.

donna said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

文章 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優

job said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區

tiger said...

性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,ut聊天室