Friday, 15 August 2008

Fridayitis

Friday at last. My last day on this project, our last night in our friend's house - all change please!

For some reason last night felt like Friday night. Milord and I walked/cycled our route home for the last time, had a glass of water and cracked a bottle of wine while getting dinner into the oven. Then we watched some Olympics while I got my paperwork into order (tax return is due), and watched a movie with the meal. I noticed that Milord was hurtling through the wine - I reckon I had one glass out of each bottle. When we rolled out of bed this morning I found 3 empty wine bottles on the kitchen counter. "Ah, that's why I'm a bit parched" I thought. Then I found the 4th empty bottle in the lounge. Bloody hell.

Milord and I are meeting for lunch soon and we'll have a bit of wine with that for a change. Then beers in the office at the end of the day. And tonight we're meeting an old friend in the pub for a catch up. Oh well. I think we need to let our hair down a bit after the recent stress load anyway!

Yes we know we have a drinking problem. Shut up.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm hanging with you two! So, you come from a great wine country and Australia has some darn good ones, too. What are your favorites?

Saffa Chick said...

Hi Suzanne ;-). Milord is usually a Cabernet Sauvignon drinker, but red wine disagrees with me so we generally drink Sauvignon Blancs together. We lean towards NZ whites as they are crisper then the Aussie ones.

You're welcome to come drinking with us anytime!