Thursday, 4 June 2009

Preggy Update

I started this post a few days ago and then work got hectic and I didn't finish it... so, as at Thursday last week:

Week: 25 and 4 days

Here we are at the end of my second trimester. I'm starting to feel huge (Milord has begun telling me I look huge, which I don't appreciate much). My tummy is tight for the first time, although not itchy luckily.

We seem to be having a growth spurt. Drat.



Measurements:
Weight: 74.5kg (+1kg from week 23, +3kg since start)
Boobs: 101cm (measured without the too-small bra this time - yikes, +3cm since start)
Ribs: 85cm (+2 since week 23, +3cm since start)
Waist: 95cm (+2cm from week 23, +8cm since start)
Hips: 100cm (same as week 23, +2cm since start)
Thigh: 59cm (+1cm from week 23, +1cm since start)

The only measurement there that worries me is the thigh increase, because that's the only one not directly baby-affected. I have been very lazy lately - I have stopped my gym membership because I've lost the mojo and done no walking since catching this cold. Next week when I should be recovered I'll make a point of walking to work several times a week again.

Check out the boob update! Milord has been telling me for weeks that my boobies are bigger while I tell him they measure the same... until I take off the bra I was using as a benchline! It's way too small now and was squidging me. So yes, they are bigger and fuller and stuff.

Did you know your ribcage expands when you are pregnant? Not all of it obviously, but the hinged parts do as your organs get jammed up under it as the baby takes over your abdomen. No wonder I can't breathe properly. Or eat properly - I get full after mini-portions now... not a problem as I just eat twice as often!

1 comment:

Doc Manette said...

Wow - hard to believe you are at the end of your 2nd trimester (time flies) - anyway, you look great! Hope you are feeling great too.