Thursday, 11 June 2009

House Renovation 2009 - Week 3 and 4

I'm getting a bit behind with these, so here's 2 weeks in one post. We have massive changes happening at the back of my house... I only wander around there on the weekend so it's always a big surprise for me!

Looking at the back of the house, towards the street:
Week 3: half a new roof, most of back wall demolished, new side/laundry brick wall built.

Week 4: new roof complete, foundation pillars built, new floor bearers and joists.


From inside the house, looking backwards:
Week 3:

Week 4:


This week they tell me we are installing huge rain tanks under the new floor, building window, wall and door frames, and perhaps even getting the floor base, windows and doors in!

Wow, it's all go at chez Saffa! We're about to set our kitchen order in motion (should take 4 weeks to delivery), and in about a week we'll go and beg the bank for more money to finish... erk.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow, lots of work getting done.