Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Preggy Meme

Yeah, yeah, but there really is not much else going on with me!

Picked up from a preggy blog - she's at 35 weeks and just been belly-rubbed by a stranger... oy.

Me

  • How did you find out you were pregnant? Well, my period was 2 weeks late, and I was taking home pregnancy tests.

  • What kind of Pregnancy test did you take? A pee-onna-stick one?

  • How many? That month? One every few days from shortly before my period due date. So, um, about 4 in total?

  • What were your 1st symptoms? Missing my period.

  • Who was with you when you found out? I was alone in the bathroom, but Milord was in the house...

  • My 1st reaction: "Aha. Right. Ooookay then, here goes!"

  • Who did you tell first? Milord

  • Their 1st reaction: "Oh shit!" (he's still in trouble for this)

  • Was your baby planned? Yes, very.

  • When was the baby conceived? Wednesday December 17th. I pounced on Milord straight after work before he could pour a glass of wine ;-). He thought it was a spontaneous sex attack, but it was very pre-meditated!

  • How far were you when you found out? 20 days.

  • How did your parents react? Thrilled.


My baby

  • Due Date: 13 September 2009.

  • Do you know the sex? Yes, a girl.

  • Any names? Yes. ... *crickets* ... no we're not telling!

  • Any Ultrasounds? 3 so far, one at 8 weeks, one at 13 weeks and one at 19 weeks. I'll need one more to check my placenta soon.

  • Have you heard the heart beat? Yes.

  • Who do you think it will look like? Me hopefully. I don't think Milord's features would suit a girl!

  • Will the baby have siblings? Eventually, with luck.

  • Have you felt the baby move? Oh boy, have I!


Miscellaneous

  • Did you have morning sickness? No. *phew*

  • Did you have any cravings? Not really, except a crazy need for salt at the start of my second trimester.

  • Did you have any mood swings? No.

  • Are you a high risk pregnancy? No.

  • Any complications? No.

  • Formula or Breastfeeding? I'll give breast a huge attempt, but I won't beat myself up about it if we don't get it right.

  • Have you bought anything for the baby yet? Yes, most of the big things.

  • When did you start to show? I say at 13 weeks. My friends say at 6 weeks, but they're just being mean about my fat roll!

  • How long could you wear your regular clothes? I had to get out of normal trousers at 13 weeks. See above.

  • Will you keep the baby’s clothes? What do you mean by "keep"? If you mean as a souvenier, then no. Hang on to for the next one, yes.

  • Home or Hospital? Hospital. I'm a scaredy cat.

  • Natural or Medicated birth? Epidural. Epidural. Epidural! (see above)

  • Who will be in the delivery room with you? Milord and a few medical staff I guess.

  • Do you think you will need a C-section? Hope not.

  • Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time? I'm not a crier, but after labour who knows?!

  • What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby? "About bloody time!"

  • Will you let anyone video tape the birth? No. Effing. Way. ew

  • Are you excited? Yes. Not jumping-up-and-down excited, but that could be because I'm so darn tired!

  • Who will help you with the baby after the birth? Milord will take a couple of weeks off work, and then after that I'll be flying solo. I wish my family was closer.

  • What is your favorite thing about being pregnant? The baby at the end of it?

  • What is the worst thing about being pregnant? Being so weary.

  • What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant? The one thing? The ONE thing? Geez.

  • Any days you wish you were not pregnant? Yeah. All of them. If I could just get to the baby part without having to go through pregnancy I would.

  • Are you ready for a baby? You betcha.

  • Do you have insurance? Yes.

  • How many kids do you want? Two. Milord says 3 and I say shaddup.

  • Do you talk to the baby? Does a whispered "oh please settle down" at 2am count?

  • Do you still feel attractive? Beautiful, yes. Attractive, no. I hope to meet up with my mojo again at the other side of this.

  • Have you had your baby shower yet? No. I'm not sure what's happening with this. I had a friend offer to organise one, but she's said nothing since... is it rude to remind her?

  • Do you like kids? Yes. Babies, not so much.

  • How far along are you now? 28 weeks.

No comments: