Monday, 27 April 2009

Winter is on the Way

I've just had a gloriously lazy weekend ("enjoy it while it lasts" say all the parents. Yeah yeah, whatever). The weather was dry for a change, blustery and cool with sunshine. Well, cold for Oz! When it drops below 25C [77F] I need a cardigan, below 20C [68F] I need a fleece, and at 15C [59F] I'll be in several layers! (In England I used to think 15C was balmy!) I think it is time to bring the heaters out of the roof, as I got really chilled yesterday!

Saturday mid-morning Milord brought us coffee (decaf) and the papers in bed and I suggested we go for a walk later...

We got out of bed at midday and apart from domestic chores there was nothing that had to be done. I did a grocery run and stripped the bed etc while Milord fired up the xbox and played a bit of Halo 3 (super soldier fighting aliens). Several hours later as the sun set I kicked him off and played Fable 2 (hero on quests) and he played with me as a henchman. Then a bit of TV and more xbox. Milord went to bed early as he was scuba diving the next day and I played til midnight!

On Sunday Milord left early to go diving. I slept late, read the papers, did a few loads of laundry and at midday I was back in the world of Fable 2. This xbox thing is addictive! When he got home at 4pm I handed over the controls and let him play Halo 3 until dinner time, when we watched the finale of "So you think you can dance".

I may have read my book at times too.

Walk? What walk? Heh heh heh...

Update: Apparently it is snowing on the ski fields 5 hours drive away. No wonder it's so cold out there! Brrrrrr

No comments: