Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Meme

Pinched from Better and Better
I'm not sure if these are supposed to be life goals (because some of them I really don't want to do!) or what. A few are very American, but hey, I might get to do them someday.

1. Started your own blog. duh.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. I wouldn't say a "shower"
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. define "afford". I gave more than I wanted to to the work charity drive this year...
7. Been to Disneyland. not on the to-do list
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. does karaoke count?
11. Bungee jumped. never again
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. "from scratch"? I was taught to draw and paint, so do they count? I learned to cook without formal teaching...
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. as opposed to the Mona Lisa in...?
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. neverrrr
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse. only a partial...
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. this one is silly unless you live in a tomb
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. why "in person" specifically?
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. define ancestors - I've been to Amsterdam and England, so I guess that covers a lot of them!
35. Seen an Amish community. not "in person". heh heh heh
36. Taught yourself a new language. I can ask for a glass of wine in French, Spanish and Italian!
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. not anymore though
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. "in person" again
39. Gone rock climbing. without ropes, but definitely in person
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. in marble, heh heh heh
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. yathink?
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. not a life goal either
47. Had your portrait painted - drawn, but not painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason. and given them for no reason...
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving. no effing way - not after the bungee jump!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. I don't think there are any left, but I suppose you mean "the site of" one.
67. Bounced a check. well, a direct debit, but that's the same thing these days
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. redundancy doesn't count, right?
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. pretty sure I've cracked a toe
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. as pillion passenger - it sucks
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Never killed anything apart from bugs, but if I was hungry enough I would do it
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life. I am a blood donor... ?
90. Sat on a jury. I hope I never have to do that again!
91. Met someone famous. Does it count if they're only famous on Australian tv? I didn't think so!
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. working on it
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone. geez, who says no to this one? is this a very old meme?
99. Been stung by a bee. and I'm allergic
100. Read an entire book in one day. read more than one sometimes!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Borrowing. There isn't much overlap between our lists, lol!

waterbob said...

Met someone famous - don't you count me either?

Betty said...

This meme reminds me of all the things I haven't done. Sad.

Saffa Chick said...

Hi Dad - are you famous? That would make me famous too, right? Like Paris Hilton... or do I need to be rich too...? Oops.

Betty - so make us a list of what you HAVE done! I bet you'd make my list look silly.