Saturday, 29 January 2011

9 Weeks

Ok, that was a rather rough week!

I've been feeling awful - seriously tired and slightly nauseous, with terrible bloating in the afternoons. Thank heavens I get a nap when Princess naps, but I've spent a lot of time lying on the couch or floor while she is awake. The housework got very neglected with just "lick and promise" cleaning happening... I'm so lucky Milord is on the Lite n Easy meals so I don't have to worry about feeding him.

A couple of days ago I started feeling a lot better, although I still need a nap during the day. The house is clean with fresh towels and linen, and I'm caught up on laundry. Princess has a mummy who actually plays with her and takes her out to the park and the pool again!

I have an appetite back, but meat and veg and salad taste wrong (metallic and/or cardboardy) so I'm living on fruit, bread, pasta and cheese. I'm taking an iron supplement on top of my usual preggy vitamins to make up for the lack of meat and greens, so I should be ok. With Princess my tastebuds came back at 12 weeks and I expect that to happen again this time.

This pregnancy is almost exactly the same as Princess'. My Mom says this could mean I'm having another girl, but who knows? I don't believe the Old Wives Tales.

Weight at conception: 74.5kg
Weight at 9 weeks: 72kg
Loss/Gain since last week: -1kg
Total Loss/Gain: -2.5kg

I expect to drop to 71kg within a couple of weeks, and then to stay there until approximately 20 weeks when I'll begin gaining serious bumpness. That's what happened with Princess, anyway.

No comments: