Wednesday, 19 January 2011

8 Weeks

We went for an Early Pregnancy scan this morning, and it's all looking good!

I was so relieved to see the little flickering heartbeat inside the jellybean that tears began streaming down my face in the dark room. It's been a very hard few weeks, but now I can perhaps start looking forward to my new baby... whose due date is Princess' birthday! eep.

We've nicknamed the jellybean "Xena (Warrior Princess)", as it's the silliest female superhero name we can think of! If Xena turns out to be a boy we'll come up with something else.

We're not telling anyone yet except my folks (because I just have to share!!!). Milord says he's not going to tell anyone until my third trimester... yeah right! I imagine we'll do the traditional 12 weeks.

I'm feeling very "8 weeks" pregnant. I am exhausted and food tastes funny - last night my Lite 'n Easy dinner got rejected in favour of tea and toast! Milord said his was fine so it's probably just me - I may have to stop ordering them. I get the odd wave of bleaurgh, but that generally means I'm hungry or thirsty, if I can convince myself to ignore the nausea and eat something it goes away.

Weight at conception: 74.5kg
Weight at 8 weeks: 73kg
Loss/Gain since last week: -0.5kg
Total Loss/Gain: -1.5kg

Ok, I'm off for a lie-down while Princess naps. Thank the gods for naptime!

No comments: