Monday, 1 November 2010

Bad Poems 2

I'm posting some very old poems that I wrote when I was 17 and 18. Some I knew were terrible at the time!

This one was written for my best friend in high school. We were inseparable and I would have walked through fire for her. At 19 she cut me out of her life because her boyfriend didn't like me. Bitch.

To Jay

Laughter is infectious, Jay,
I have to crack up when you do.
I see you shake with mirth, and I
Can’t help but giggle ‘long with you.

When you snigger and collapse
I have to laugh until I cry.
It’s not the joke so much, but how
You grin at me and wink your eye.

Thanks for laughing with me, Jay,
It means so very much to me.
I hope you’ll stay forever more
A friend from whom a smile comes free.

Nov 1989

2 comments:

waterbob said...

It all depends on how you define bad. The feeling of friendship comes through though and it certainly defines those moments at that time in your life. I enjoyed.

Cait said...

I remember that. Friends come & go. Remember da good times.