Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Preggy Update

Week: 33 and 3 days

Measurements:
Weight: 78.5kg (+7kg since start)
Boobs: 101cm (+3cm since start)
Ribs: 87cm (+5cm since start)
Waist: 101cm (+14cm since start)
Hips: 104cm (+6cm since start)
Thigh: 58cm (same as start)

Hmm. My weight is up a little but my midriff measurements have expanded a lot. I am feeling huge in the midsection and I've started hitting stuff with my belly. Open the fridge... bonk. Open a cupboard... bonk. Walk behind a chair... bonk. I find myself shielding the bump with both hands as I navigate around people and obstacles, because it hurts to bonk into things!



Getting out of bed is getting harder - I have to manoever my legs over the side and use that as leverage to roll out. I can no longer touch my toes and anything on the floor might as well be in a different country. Ok, I exaggerate, but not by much! To get up off the couch I have to shuffle my bum to the edge first. I'm starting to drop crumbs down my cleavage and onto my bump because they're sticking out like a shelf!

I had my obstetric checkup this week, and all is well. BP good, baby heartrate good. I asked him how the baby was lying and he said she's head down and turned to one side, almost exactly like this:


(Gee, no wonder my bladder struggles - not much room there for it, eh?) The baby has been head-down since about week 29 according to my records. "Don't they turn head-down just before birth?" asked Milord worriedly. Apparently not, they turn whenever they feel like it. I'm just pleased she's already head-down as there isn't much room in there to turn if she wasn't! I guess the hard lump that I thought was a head is a shoulder or a bum then...

I've swelled up a little in my hands and feet, but it's not constant. I've taken off my engagement ring but can still wear my wedding ring, and it goes from tight to loose and back again throughout the day.

Hmm what else? I'm a lot happier in my pregnancy lately. I'm attributing most of this to the iron supplements because I simply feel more alive! I wish I'd started taking them months ago - I guess I'll know for next time. My appetite has improved, my sleep has improved, and I just feel... good.

No comments: