Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Sick Baby

Oh what a day we are having...

Milord has had a horrible head cold for the past week. He's been feeling rotten and his snoring has driven me into Princess' room every night. Now, just as he's getting over it my little angel has come down with the dreaded lurgy. Coughing and snot and a lot of whinging and off her food and needing lots of cuddles.

Then to add insult to injury I decided to try Princess on scrambled egg for lunch. We last tried this 2 months ago with a bad reaction but I was hoping she'd be over the allergy (babies grow out of it after about a year they say). No such luck. Within 2 mouthfuls she was wailing and a rash appeared around her mouth. Lots of cuddles later she went very sleepy and I put her to bed, at which point she threw everything up. A complete change of clothes and bedding later she slept for 2 hours, then was happy to have a bottle.

Since then we've had whinging and small spit-ups. I think she threw up her paracetamol but I did't dare give her more because I wasn't sure, so the whinging got progressively worse. I managed to convince Princess to swallow a few spoonfuls of rice, then gave her ibuprofen and rocked her until she got twitchy and I put her to bed. I think she's napping, but I hear the odd bout of coughing followed by moaning. The timing for this sleep is all wrong, so I assume she'll wake up hungry in the night.

Milord has rung to say he's working late.

*sigh*

I need a hug. And if I wasn't preggers - a huge glass of wine!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Poor Saffa Chick! Huge hug being sent over to you....

Lisa said...

I will drink for you and give you a virtual hug! not quite good enough but just know, lots of empathy.

Lisa Ceaser said...

Sending <<>>.

Treat yourself to something you can have. Warm milk? Something you enjoy. You deserve it, Mom!

Kat said...

< > Hope princess gets over her cold soon, and that you manage to stay germ free!