Monday, 17 August 2009

Hospital Bag

I've started readying a suitcase to take to hospital for the birth. These are mostly things suggested by my mommy friends, plus a few items found suggested on the internet. My hospital supplies everything for the baby, but not so much for the mom.

Labour:

  • Birth Plan x 4
  • Ante Natal Card
  • Medicare Card
  • Lip Balm
  • Water bottle
  • Juice
  • Sweets
  • Snack bars
  • Chocolate
  • Big t-shirt
  • Milord's snacks
  • Milord's swim trunks so he can join me in the shower/bath
  • Games
  • Books
  • Camera

Post Labour:
  • Champagne (yeah baby!)
  • Chocolate
  • Bras
  • PJs
  • Slippers
  • Dressing Gown
  • Cheap chuckable panties
  • Maternity Pads
  • Breast Pads
  • Nipple cream
  • Nipple shields (just in case)
  • Toiletries
  • Hair Dryer
  • Squeezy water bottle to wash down there
  • Own pillows
  • Glasses
  • Vitamins
  • Panadol
  • Baby nail scissors
  • Laptop
  • Speakers
  • Internet USB stick
  • Headphones
  • Camera
  • Phones
  • Phone/camera/laptop chargers
  • Books
  • Earplugs (for when Milord takes baby for a long walk)
  • Vaseline
  • Dummy (just in case)
  • Clothes SaffaChick and Milord
  • Coming home outfit and wrap - baby (2 just in case)

Anything obvious left out?

3 comments:

waterbob said...

You are a constant source of amazement at the thought processes and organisation you are bringing to bear. I'm sure that your Mom had a plan for your sister but of course you arrived in a panic and afterwards I brought whatever she wanted when I visited. Typically male, the details have left my mind. You seem to have it together and I am intrigued to see what your other fans think you have left off.

Kat said...

You need to take baby nail scissors?? How long are you planning on staying in hospital for? Surely they don't need cutting straight away do they?

Saffa Chick said...

They tell me the baby can come out with long nails, and scratch itself (and me) silly. Yep, nails are a-growing me right now. Wierd!