Friday, 26 August 2011

39 Weeks

I am now a week more pregnant that I have ever been ;-).

No changes from last week in weight or girth, but I ache much more quickly. A short 5 min walk to the shops requires a sit down before I can head back, and then a lie down before I can function again! My lower back and hips ache like crazy when I walk or stand for longer than half an hour... I presume it's because of all the relaxing hormones in my body affecting the bits that should be supporting the bump but aren't!

I had a bit of false labour very early on Tuesday morning - just painful Braxton Hicks contractions that seemed to be forming a rhythm... when I got up and made a cup of tea at 6am it went away and I've had nothing like that since. Milord is as jumpy as a cat on a hot tin roof - if I get up too violently (and getting out of bed can be a bit jerky as I overcome my inertia) for one of my many night wees I get big eyes looking at me from the other side of the bed in case it's all happening!

2 sleeps until Mom arrives, and then I can really relax about going into labour because I know Princess will be well looked after. I have various friends ready to take Princess but it would be perfect to have Granny looking after Princess at home while we are at the hospital.

That's about it - I don't have the energy for anything else!

3 comments:

waterbob said...

So soon, so exciting! This father and grandpa bit is never boring. Our thoughts are with you all.

Lisa said...

WOWOWOWOW! It's so CLOSE! I log on every day and hold my breath in case 'its happened!'.
We are all so excited that Zeus is hanging in there for Granny. Very well-behaved child already!

waterbob said...

For those not in the loop, James Robert weighed in at 7lb 1 oz on the 29th August. I look in every day for pics and she has promised to do them as soon as she gets near a reliable link.