Friday, 12 August 2011

37 Weeks

Hooray! Zeus is now "full term" and can come out safely. Not that we particularly want him to, but it's nice to know it's safe.

Weight at conception: 74.5kg
Weight at 37 weeks: 79.5kg
Loss/Gain since last post: -1kg
Total Loss/Gain: 5kg

I've lost a kilo! Is that even possible at 37 weeks? I can't believe the baby is losing weight, so it must be me. I have been eating a lot of salads lately, as stodgy meals just don't sit well. You'd think the chocolate would balance everything though...! Maybe I'm just less bloaty. Zeus is very wriggly so I'm sure he's fine.

I'm actually feeling better than I have in ages. My ribs have almost stopped hurting and my bladder is not quite so abused. Zeus may have started dropping, which gives us a bit more welcome space. Of course I'm still 8.5 months pregnant so everything is still hard work, but at least I'm a bit more comfortable!

We've been trying to tell Princess that she has a brother coming. She does point at the new cot and say "Boy bed!", and yesterday she put her arms around my tummy and said "Baby in tummy!", so some things are getting through! Princess also knows the location of all public toilets in the shopping malls we visit - as we get close she begins announcing "Toilet! Mummy wee!". It's very funny!

4 comments:

waterbob said...

You do write well and it's good to hear that everything is proceeding as planned. I love the comments that Grace produces and I presume that the volume control is on high as well. Go gently these next weeks.

Janey said...

After what seems such a long time of day by day reports, I can hardly believe Zeus's arrival is just around the corner. We are all very excited for you, may everything go perfectly

Kat said...

Love that Princess knows where the toilets are in the shopping malls :) So funny! Will try to write you email over weekend to fill you in on my love live progress :)

Greytonsal said...

I am sure it will come in very handy when Princess and I are out shopping on our own and I need a wee! One of us will know where to go! Can't wait to be with you all, only 2 weeks today! In fact, in your time I would have arrived and had a sleep to be woken in the morning by Princess playing with her mobile phone - one, one, one. Hmm, I think I will try to hide it before I go to bed! Keep well and tell Zeus to wait until Granny arrives.