Friday, 18 February 2011

12 Weeks

12 Weeks! I've made it through the first trimester! Woohoo! I visited my obstetrician this week and heard the baby's galloping heartbeat and nearly cried.

We're still not telling anyone, as until we've have the scan for genetic abnormalities we can't really relax. We'll be going for that on Monday. If the baby has Down's Syndrome or something like it we won't be keeping it, but I'm hopeful it's ok.

I feel better this week - I don't have to nap every day, and can now actually get some exercise or baby-unfriendly cleaning done while Princess is asleep. I've unwrapped my prenatal yoga and pilates dvds and given them a go. They're really gentle but I was stiff the next day so they must have achieved something! I've also cleaned my oven which was extremely gross - it hadn't been done in over a year... ugh.

Weight at conception: 74.5kg
Weight at 12 weeks: 71kg
Loss/Gain since last week: +0.5kg
Total Loss/Gain: -3.5kg

I've stopped losing weight. This is because I am eating properly again, (including greens and salad yay!) and also of course because my bump is growing! I can still fit into my pre-preggy pants, but they're getting tight around the firm lower abdomen. I generally wear loose summer dresses in this hot weather anyway, so my bump is not obvious yet. With Princess I stayed at 71kg until 18 weeks, so I imagine I'll do the same this time too.

I can't wait to get the all clear and tell the world my good news! Not sharing has been killing me.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Yay! This is super exciting news!