Thursday, 23 December 2010

Merry Christmas

I don't feel remotely Christmassy this year. I keep getting startled that Christmas is only a day and a half away! I'm sure I've forgotten something important...

This is our tree (in the playpen) - I was trying to get the effect of the string of lights in the background too but my camera doesn't seem up to the task.



Princess has received a couple of presents already, and likes eating wrapping paper as well as dirt. Next year should be a lot more fun for her, or should I say for me!

We'll be having a quiet Christmas Eve, and on Christmas Day we're going over to friends who are hosting a big gathering. First the Aussie thing of cold prawns and cold ham, then later a turkey and all the trimmings. It looks like it's not going to be too hot, which is nice as a roast dinner when it is sweltering is horrible!

We had thought of staying the night but I have decided that when Princess wakes at dawn I want to be at home, so I'll be off the booze and driving us back. Boxing Day with no hangover yay!

May you and yours have a wonderful, happy and safe festive season.

4 comments:

Nat said...

A very happy Christmas to the Saffa family!
Enjoy those cold prawns :-)

waterbob said...

We will be having cold ham, turkey and all the trimmings in a probably sweltering Franschoek. Doing the driving means my second dry Xmas in a row. We will be thinking of you and yours. Take pictures please.

waterbob said...

I've just blown up the pics for a closer look and the reindeer hat is phenomenal! Luckily I didn't have a mouthful of anything or I would have sprayed computer and keyboard as I laughed out loud. Thanks - I needed that!

greytonsal said...

Happy Christmas to you all too. Keep this photo to show Princess' boyfriends in the future - she will kill you! Really made me laugh. Lots of love xxx