Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Dad and StepMom are gone...

Wah!

I dropped Dad and StepMom at the airport this morning and drove home with a lump in my throat and I'm a bit blue now - not quite the blubbering mess I was after Mom's last visit, but still sad. They seemed to enjoy Australia and are head-over-heels in love with Princess, so they'll be back!

As well as sightseeing the highlights of their visit include: a new tooth, Princess' first words, and her learning to blow kisses! More about that later...

Dad and StepMom were awesome house guests. They bought all the groceries and wine and took over dish washing and clothes-folding (both pet hates of mine). When not playing with Princess they could usually be found reading a book or fiddling on a computer, so were very easy to be around as that's what I tend to do in my downtime too! They offered to babysit as much as we fancied, so Milord and I went out on two Date Nights - our first since my birthday in March!


Their first week had stunning weather - in fact it was unseasonably warm! We explored the Harbour Bridge and Opera House, walked along the river near my house, put irrigation into my flowerbeds, tested my hammock, attended a joint Mother's Group First Birthday party, and walked to the Fish Markets via parkland.




Then Dad and StepMom went to stay with an old friend for a week to give us some space and were taken all over the Blue Mountains, Northern Beaches and central Sydney. In the meantime I got the house clean and tidy, and Milord and I spent a couple of days visiting RuralChick and her family. It rained nonstop so we chatted and drank and read and ate... nice!

When Dad and StepMom got back to me they were exhausted! We spent a couple of days recharging at home and in local parks, then ventured back into the city to explore the QVB, Chinatown and the Chinese Gardens. One day I sent Dad and StepMom into town to walk the Harbour Bridge, and on the weekend Milord joined us and we all explored The Rocks Market and surrounds.


Yesterday, their last day, we caught a train to Circular Quay and found a restaurant near the Opera House, overlooking the Harbour Bridge. We had lunch and a couple of bottles of wine, the sun came out and we basked while watching the world go by. It was a perfect last day in Sydney!



Now I have my little house to myself... Milord is at work, Princess is napping, the first of many laundry loads is in the wash, and it's very very quiet. I don't quite know what to do with myself!

5 comments:

greytonsal said...

What a lovely time you have all had. Lovely photos, Princess is growing like a weed! I am sure your dad and step-mom are as sad as you are to be leaving you all behind. Now they have a new destination for their holidays!

Kat said...

Aw lovely photos, so glad you had such a great time! I seem to remember sitting exactly where they are drinking wine in the last picture :) A great spot!

Cait said...

Im glad da grandparents & u guys enjoyed their stay. Cait

Pearl said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit!

Pearl

waterbob said...

Thanks for the good words Chick. That baby is so lovely and well behaved I had to keep checking for batteries! Thanks for letting us share your home, your new country and the awesome Princess. We started missing you all as the car pulled away.