Friday, 20 August 2010

Why we get out of bed in the morning...

We're doing ok. Had the D&C today. I was terrified - trembling and tearful as I was wheeled into theatre. I'd been under general anaesthetic once before in my life and had such a horrible experience that I'd sworn never to do it again. Unless I had to... *sigh*

In the end the general was just fine. I woke up easily in no pain surrounded by soothing nurses. The crappy part was the 4 hour sit in the waiting room to have the elective pre-booked procedure! I'm never using the public hospital system again. Unless I have to...

I feel better now than I have in a week. Physically better. Emotionally better. Psychologically ready to move on now that Flash has truly left us.

But this is the main reason we feel ok:



She's been brilliant, in spite of spending days in hospital waiting rooms or travelling in the car. In spite of catching a nasty cold and running a temperature. In spite of mummy and daddy needing extra cuddles.

Thank all the gods we have our Princess!

3 comments:

waterbob said...

What a beautiful sanity bundle she is! You will still feel the loss for a while but from what you have written, the healing has begun. You are both constantly in our thoughts.

Suzanne said...

Grace has a smile that could melt the coldest of people. I'm so glad you have this adorable princess to help you through a rough time.

Still keeping you in my thoughts.

greytonsal said...

Pleased you came through ok and the healing process can begin. Grace is living up to her name and you could not ask for more gorgeous baby girl to help you both at this sad time. All my love and know that you are always in my thoughts.