Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Bluebottle Update

Week: 9

I met my obstetrician this week. I chose a man, because he was recommended by my GP and because the woman Ob/Gyn I tried to get in with was too busy! He seems nice enough.

Since last week I have lost 1kg and lost 1cm off my hips. I guess that goes to show how much I graze while I am at work! I'm still over a healthy BMI so I don't mind.

How do I feel: Tired. I am so tired of feeling tired ;-)

Cravings?: I still can't face meat. Even the smell of it cooking is wrong. Mom has been turning herself inside out to find things I will eat, but really I'm happiest with cheese on toast! When I do have a decent meal I get Milord and Mom watching me like I'm getting over an eating disorder - it's a bit disconcerting!

How does Milord feel: We are close to 12 weeks so he's beginning to feel confident.

Latest Bizarre Pregnancy Fact: You shouldn't fly in your first trimester because miscarriage is kinda likely and if you miscarry it will be... awkward and messy? Why this is ok after 12 weeks I don't quite understand.

Latest Probable Old Wives Tale: Ummmm. Nothing new this week - anyone else got one?

1 comment:

waterbob said...

The Internet is a wonderful thing. Just googled the 'first trimester' and came up with this website http://www.pregnancy.org/fetaldevelopment on the upheaval going on within you and the Bluebottle. The foetal developement pics and detail week by week are amazing. That's probably why the old stories have it as a stressful time for you both. Great to see that you are being cossetted and fussed over. Deserve nothing less.