Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Still Sinking

Gee, it's been a week since I started my new job. Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing! I've been employed to make modifications to a couple of bits of a huge and complex system at the Bank. Today I finally managed to trace my way into a section of code that I'm pretty sure I need to alter... exactly what I need to alter I still have to figure out! Some very clever people developed this thing, and boy it's tricky.

The damn thing is literally giving me nightmares, but I'll get the hang of it soon. I have to! Apart from that the people seem nice and I'm loving working in the center of Sydney. I am half a block away from Milord's office, and we meet for lunch or coffee most days. On a sunny day last week we picked up chicken wraps and walked to the waterside for a picnic - most enjoyable!

I can walk to work at a gentle strolling pace (so that I don't have to shower, see) in under an hour, so I've been doing that to and from the office most days. My gym unfortunately does not have a nearby branch, but I will join another one soon as I desperately need to get back into shape. My weight has crept up even more as I haven't been watching my intake (mostly wine and junk food) at all... drat. Milord and I are having a bit of a detox over the next couple of days so that might help.

I've been mostly absent from blogland lately. I don't have a chance at work, and by the time I have walked home, cooked dinner and watched a bit of TV with Milord it is time to snuggle into bed for a chapter of my book. How do you other bloggers manage it? I am still trying to find time to finish sorting out my holiday photos and continue writing up our trip.

No comments: