Friday, 23 May 2008

Gotta get worse before it gets better

So yeah, we bought this house, right? It's vile, but it was the only way we could get on the property ladder in a nice area. It hasn't been touched since 1940-something (we've actually found newspapers under the lino reporting on the Nazi's advance on Stalingrad in WW2!), and it smells.

Work is beginning at last and the floors are up in a couple of rooms and they will begin bashing down walls next week. Milord and I popped in there today to speak to the builder... and Oh. My. God. what a mess! Our chap has pulled down a ceiling or two as well and the dust that came with it is coating everything like you would not believe - Milord actually said it looked like a volcano was erupting nearby!

We have great plans, but at the moment I am having trouble imagining the place as something nice! I always walk away with an uncontrollable urge to wash my hands... or shower... or scream.

Tell me it's normal to dislike your own property so much!

I keep meaning to post some pictures - I'll try to get them together on the weekend so you can see just how awful it is.

1 comment:

Canadian Girl said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. Call it morbid curiousity.