Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

Princess has learned how to roll as of yesterday! She will be 6 months old on Monday and as Milord said "Wow, she does these milestones by the book!".

- Weight: 7.6kg
- I'm not sure of her height but she's growing all right! I've just packed away all her 00 clothes and pulled out the size 0 (6 months old) ones.
- Princess loves to stand and to sit up. She needs help with her balance, but she's ever so strong!
- She has started to turn towards whoever is talking, and I think she's beginning to recognise her name when called.
- She reaches towards toys hanging above her playmat and grabs them.
- She is fascinated watching people eat and drink but she's not quite grabbing for our food yet. I'm not going to start her on solids until she grabs food and noms on it because I want to skip mush and go straight to finger food (this is a very controversial topic, apparently!).

Princess can now roll (to her right) from her back onto her front. Once there she is a bit stuck. She can't roll from her front to her back yet and after a while gets tired of holding her head up and starts whimpering for help. Yesterday morning she did this for the first time. In her cot at 5:30am... After being rescued she had a bottle and went back to bed - and rolled over and had to be rescued again at 6am! I then put her right up against the cot side so that she was unable to roll to the right and she finally went to sleep. Of course then I couldn't get back to sleep myself!

It was a very rolly day - and I managed to capture her practicing on video! Here she almost gets it but then unbalances and rolls back to her back. A few minutes later she got it right... looked around on her elbows for a while and then had to be rescued. Then she did it again. And again. Princess was exhausted last night! She was so tired she was crying so we skipped her bath and just cuddled instead.

video

I've just realised that I haven't posted any Princess pictures lately - her grandparents must be in withdrawal! Here we go:


Adorable, moi?

Feeling sad. Princess had a few sad days last week - I'd have said she was ill but there were no other symptoms apart from a lack of smiles. She's her sunny self again this week though.

Standing!


Sitting up on mummy while mummy watches the winter Olympics. Are there any pictures of Milord or me without a glass of wine? No? Hmm

Bathtime!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby girl. I enjoyed visiting your blog.

Kat said...

Awww so cute!! Maybe cos you were having a "blah" week she sensed it and that made her have a few sad/lacking smiles days? Like in sympathy with your mood?!

greytonsal said...

Thank you for the 'Princess' fix. She is soooo clever and soooo gorgeous. Wish I was there to experience her development, which is galloping along. Best Baby Ever!