Monday, 7 September 2009

Dawn


It is 7am and I saw the sun rise as I fed Princess for the 4th or 5th time of the night... oddly enough I don't mind waking to feed her although in my pre-mummy life waking me was never a good thing! I will be off back to bed in a minute, but here's a very quick update on this, Princess' 6th day of life:

We are doing extremely well. She generally sleeps unless she is dirty or hungry, and she's feeding about every 3 to 4 hours. Except when she feeds every hour of course! I am one of the lucky women out there whose baby took to breastfeeding like a duck to water - painlessly and with no fuss within an hour of birth! My nipples are fine and I thoroughly enjoy the experience.

Apart from a little discomfort from the episiotomy stitches (sneezing BAD!) I feel brilliant. Better than I did just over a week ago at 8.5 months pregnant, certainly. I'm tired of course, but it's a happy tired, like jetlag on the best trip ever.

Ok, a couple of photos, and then I must go get some sleep (I've been averaging 3 hours sleep a day since my labour started!).




3 comments:

Suzanne said...

She is so precious. The first picture, I see a lot of Milord, the one where you're cradling her head, I see you.

Get your rest when you can, and enjoy these moments. They go by far too quickly!

Nat said...

Congratulations to you both again! She is lovely :-)

Janey said...

Hi from Great-Aunt Janey! It's a good thing you arrived after midnight to fit in with the rhyme: "Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of Grace". But even Monday's description would have been very true.