Wednesday, 25 June 2008

107 Days to my Next Holiday

We're going to be doing this again in October:






Nearly 2 years ago Milord took me sailing around the Whitsunday Islands, part of the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Queensland. We'd had a turbulent 6 months, getting to know each other and coming to terms with our respective baggage... I had been extremely apprehensive about being cooped up on a boat for a week, especially as some of Milord's friends had horror stories about doing the trip with their partners! Shouting, tears, sickness... oh heavens.

It was paradise. Milord didn't raise his voice once and handled the boat like a pro. No tears, no sickness... just lazy days on the sea under the sun, with the odd stop at a sparkling white beach for a spot of snorkelling.

I think it was the turning point in our relationship, and it rates as one of the best holidays of my life. We've been itching to go again!

107 days...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

That vacation looks heavenly. Sign me up for one!

Kat said...

Are you going to the same place you went before? Or slightly different? And I absolutely love that last picture there.

I cycled in to work today (3 days running, how impressive is that!.. I mean I know Milord does it every day but...), however the cold shower in the gym (no hot water for some reason) was a little more invigorating than I would have liked at this time of the morning!! :)

Saffa Chick said...

We'll be going to the same places, and finishing off with 2 nights at a luxurious island resort. Ahhhh!