Wednesday, 22 February 2012

And on the bright side...

My life here is Oz is going rather splendidly, as if to underline the troubles happening to my Dad. I feel wrong talking about the good things when others are going through bad stuff... but that's sort of silly, right?

Princess' walking is coming along nicely. She can get up and stand for a good minute and a half and will happily walk across a room if you ask her to. She's pretty wobbly and falls over a fair bit, but no more than any other baby learning to walk I reckon. Holding my hand we can walk all the way to the shops, and that trip is getting faster all the time (it used to take 20 minutes to the top of my street - now it takes 5 minutes).

The potty training is going great. Today was her first puddle in a couple of weeks, and I've not had to deal with a toddler-poo nappy in ages!

King is getting the hang of falling asleep alone! He still needs a bit of help dropping off from time to time, but last night I made the executive decision that we would leave him to squawk for 5 minutes before picking him up - he resettled himself 3 times in the night before the 5 minutes was up, and we made it to 7am! Milord is a whole different person today (Milord usually does the nighttime resettling).

I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks and my husband and friends are making a lovely fuss about it. I really don't mind turning 40 - I hated turning 30 because all the goals I had in my head were unreached, but I've certainly ticked all the boxes in the last decade!
Sunny country? Check.
Loving husband? Check.
2 perfect children? Check.
Own house? Check.

Our remortgage should pay out soon and as of next month Milord is getting a pay rise - hopefully we'll start breaking even now.

Life is fab. Now if only I could channel some of my luck to someone else... I love you Dad xxx.

3 comments:

waterbob said...

What a lovely sunny post. While we appreciate the loving concern, the important part is to live and love your life fully. That make me happy and is more effective than the piles of pills sorting things out here.

Janey said...

Well done for rising above all the anguish you are feeling. Spent some time with your Mom and sister today. We all feel for your Dad. To you and to Waterbob, loving wishes from Janey and Charles.

greytonsal said...

What a lovely lot of positive things going on with your life. As your dad says, live life to the full and make the most of every day. I am having a great time in sunny SA and hope to see you dad soon. Lots of love to you all.