Thursday, 24 November 2011

First Cold

It's 5am. We are having a horrible night. Again. Poor King has caught his first cold and is a bit snotty and can't breathe properly. I think he may have been coming down with it for a few days because we've been having rotten nights for the last few. Where he was sleeping an 8 hour stretch and only waking just before dawn he's now up twice in the middle of the night and very grumbly the rest of the time.



This is the only place King can sleep. I'm not very good at sleeping upright myself, so I might as well blog... it's one of the easier things I can do with 7kg of boy strapped to my front!

The poor little mite caught his cold off me. I've been a bit uck since Sunday, and although I now feel better I've got an irritating cough. So he's got that to look forward to too!

In the meantime we're treating him with paracetamol, nose drops and a snot sucker. It is enjoyed as much as you might imagine!

5 comments:

waterbob said...

Hey family - lots of sympathy and may it soon pass.

Suzanne said...

Aww, poor King. Hope he's on the mend soon.

Hedgehog said...

Oh shame Mel, it's horrid when babies get a cold. I have not read any blogs for weeks so have just read your last 5 and have to laugh at K(l)ing(on)'s leech-like penchant! Jack was the same and Lisa called him "Velcro Boy"! They do get over it but it plays havoc with the small of the back and one's sense of well being! Grace is absolutely gorgeous and I laugh when I look at her pics as I can see such a mix of you and Rob, Sal, Kelly and Bob - no wondering where SHE came from!

greytonsal said...

Colds seem so much worse for the 'littles'. My sympathies to you all and I hope that King will be sleeping through again soon. Lots of love to you all.

Nat said...

Hope all is better in the Saffa household...