Thursday, 26 May 2011

26 Weeks - Third Trimester!

This is a milestone I've been waiting for! Now it feels like the light is at the end of the tunnel... of course physically things are going to get a lot harder now, but it's nice knowing we'll be meeting our son in just 3 months time.

One of Milord's cousins had a baby girl last week and I visited on Monday. I always forget how little newborn babies are! And how much work - the cousin looks absolutely shattered. Breastfeeding is fab, but no one else can do it for you so you never get a break to catch up on sleep... and of course the baby only howls at night. The cousin was relieved to hear that Princess had been exactly the same, as they never mentioned in the "Sleep and Settling" class that sometimes nothing works! The hubbie is unable to take leave, which is a shame, but at least her sister and mum are able to be on hand.

I took over a couple of meals (Thai Chicken soup and a loaf of fresh bread, and 2 portions of Milord's awesome Hungarian Goulash with boiled new potatoes and steamed veg) for her to pop in the fridge. When Princess was new the hardest thing in the world was organising dinner, and I hate takeout, so a decent meal that just needed heating through was the bees knees.

I'm assuming that the newborn phase is going to be a whole lot easier next time, if only because it's not going to be a shock! Of course I'll have Princess to deal with which is a whole new variable, but my mum should be here for a month and Milord's leave is pretty flexible.

The pregnancy is going swimmingly. I tend to forget I'm pregnant half the time until someone uses my bladder as a punchbag, or I realise Princess is draped strangely over the bump when we read a book.

Weight at conception: 74.5kg
Weight at 26 weeks: 74kg
Loss/Gain since last post: 0.5kg
Total Loss/Gain: -0.5kg

I'm still lighter than when I fell pregnant. Hopefully once Zeus arrives I will be too busy to put the weight on again. It does help that Princess absolutely has to share anything I am eating, so when she's around I only snack on fruit!

PS. Thanks to everyone saying I look good! I certainly don't feel thin with this bump... the other day I had to move my car to another carspace because I couldn't squeeze out of the door gap I had (it was a bit tight). Being such a hard, firm bump nothing happens when I "suck it in"! And Milord doesn't do compliments to pregnant women, because all he can see is the Belleh.

2 comments:

waterbob said...

Great to hear that things are going as intended and that you feel well.

greytonsal said...

Great that all is going swimmingly! Not long now and everything will change! You won't put on weight again until the kids are about 15 you will be so busy! Longing to see you all and meet up with Princess and Zeus again.