Thursday, 15 October 2009

Post Preggy Body Update

It's been 6 weeks since I pushed Princess into the world. Gee, is that all? It feels like months!

My weight hasn't changed in the past 3 weeks. Seeing as I am only breastfeeding a couple of times a day I can no longer use that as an excuse to eat everything in sight, and Milord and I are trying to get back into healthy low-cal eating for the first time since I got pregnant. It's a hard habit to break!

Exercise doesn't really happen yet - I still clamber into bed for a nap rather than go for a walk if Princess sleeps in the afternoon. Or I catch up on housework. It will come... Princess is starting to sleep for longer periods at night so I will need the afternoon nap less and less (hopefully!).

I can however fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes now - woohoo! Tops are tight over the bigger boobs, and I can only get into my "fat" trousers, but it is so nice to get out of the maternity clothes I have been restricted to for the last 7 months.


All discharge stopped "down there" in week 4 and my stitches went away about then too. Finally! For anyone who is pregnant and panicking because their libido has disappeared - have no fear, it comes back as soon as the pregnancy is over. Everything seems to be working well in that department and I'm getting no complaints!

Sneezing with a full bladder is still a disaster waiting to happen, but I do my pelvic floor exercises when I remember and it's getting better.

I still have really thick hair - the extra should begin falling out in clumps in about 4 weeks time. I should be dreading it but actually I am looking forward to getting my normal hair back because I can't figure out how to manage this stuff without changing my haircut!

1 comment:

waterbob said...

Your're looking great Chick! There was no gym nearby so your Mom went to an electro-muscle therapist for a bunch of sessions and was back to normal after about two months. Of course she was way younger and you may have more of a battle but I can see that you are on your way.