Friday, 7 November 2008

Sick Puppy

I'm at home with a nasty cold...

I woke up on Wednesday night with bad hay fever and kept Milord awake for ages while I sneezed and snotted and waited for the meds to work. I get the sort of hay fever where it feels just like a couple of thousand ants have taken up residence in your sinuses and pharynx and are running around. It's mind bogglingly uncomfortable and all you can do is wait for the antihistamines to kick in.

On Thursday I still felt a bit rough but assumed it was a hay fever hangover... until the afternoon when I realised I probably had something else because the tickle was gone but my head was still clogged and running.

We had a another horrible night last night (we have GOT to sort out the spare room soon, so that I can give Milord some distance at these times!) and there was no way I was going to work today.

I got up in the afternoon to wander around the shops for food, but that was actually very difficult. It is impossible to food shop when you have no sense of taste and no appetite and have a head full of cotton wool! I'm thinking of steak, salad and baked potato tonight, but I'm not bothered...

I almost paid $40 too much for something because I handed over a $50 instead of the $10 I thought I'd taken out of my wallet. (10s are blue and 50s are yellow. yeah)

Some nutty old lady with her spectacles held together with a sticking plaster cautioned me about showing too much skin (I was in a tank top and jeans) and said god wants us to be modest. I congratulated her on looking like she'd come in from a snowstorm.

I stumbled back into the house needing a serious lie down. The drugs have the cold under control but I still feel particularly rotten.

I'm on the couch with a glass of wine, reading a medieval drama set in ancient Sicily, and MTV on the telly. Some of the videos are utterly mesmerising after a couple of codeine!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh poor you - so miserable to be ill. I hope you feel better soon and it doesn't spoil the weekend!

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry you don't feel well. That cotton head feeling is the worst.