Tuesday, 30 July 2013

I got a job!

I got a job! I got a job! I got a job!

I interviewed for another job in Canberra last week, but I was so crushed by my last rejection that I couldn't even blog about this one. It is for a nice medium sized software house who deal with mainly government software stuff (Canberra is the capital of Australia and the seat of government). I liked the look and feel of the place, and the blokes who interviewed me were lovely. I reckon I fluffed most of the technical questions, but got by on the strength of my CV and my purely divine personality. LOL.

They did tell me that some candidates were better qualified, but that I was a "better fit". I do love landing a job on mainly persona!

This is probably not the time to mention I was hungover as all hell on interview day - my Irish Canberra buddies are a bit mad ;-)

The money is not so hot, as I had to aim myself at the lower end of the spectrum to get a look in. In six months to a year we should be able to renegotiate - they told me in the interview that they believe in incentives and rewards and they will be open to offering more money to keep me if I make it worthwhile.

I start on Monday!

I'll be crashing with friends in Canberra for a few weeks while I find my feet and look for a rental for the family (I do not intend to be hungover on my first day). In the meantime Milord and Mom will be frantically getting our little Sydney house ready to let. Tomorrow I'll be shopping for a little runabout car to supplement the people-carrier.

It is all systems go!

Milord still needs to find work too for us to get by properly, but at least he can now focus on Canberra.

*phew*

4 comments:

Shona said...

Yahoooooooo!

I'm so pleased to read this. Things are starting to fall into place for you. Hope you get super duper fuss free tenants :)

Nat said...

Excellent news.... well done!
So glad that things are all coming right at last.... sounds like you have had a tough year.
But.... onwards and upwards!

Suzanne said...

Woohoo!!!!!!

This probably means that Milord will find something in Canberra, too.



You're just adding a city I'll want to visit someday! ;)

Suzanne said...

I hope the first day went well!