Sunday, 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

We are having a lovely quiet Christmas Day. Santa brought biltong which goes very nicely with champagne... It is sunny and breezy and warm, the Greeks next door are barbequing and playing their music and we could be on holiday in the Greek Isles.



This morning Princess woke to a heap of presents under the tree and by the fifth one totally had the hang of ripping wrapping paper. She even got to unwrap the pressies for King, Milord and me, and was very gracious about passing along the contents after a little testing.

We have skyped all the family around the world who have broadband, and I'll ring my sis in South Africa once it is morning there. I am a new skype convert - my Mom and my Dad and my SIL were all able to chat and watch us open presents almost as if they were here.

The ballerina dress is from my SIL. It is glittery. So are we now. So is the house.



Christmas dinner will be timed for about 5pm, which is Princess' dinnertime and we will all eat together - should be fun, we never eat dinner together! I'm doing roast chicken with a red wine and rosemary jus, roast baby potatoes and roast sweet potato, brussels sprouts and carrots. yum.

May you have a wonderful time with people you love over Christmas too.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

A Merry Christmas to you, your Lordship, King and Princess!

Greytonsal said...

A Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all of you. Thank you for letting me share it with via Skype. It was almost as good as being with you in the lounge! Have a great break away and see you soon (via good old Skype!)

waterbob said...

Yea for Skype even if ours was a bit iffy. The pic of Princess in the ballerina kit is super - right down to the ballet shoes and the look on James face which gives rise to all sorts of captions. Thank you.

Kat said...

Yeah I was going to comment on King's fab expression too! That and the glitter everywhere :) Chuckle.

Happy new year to you all!

p.s. add me to your skype! I did add you to mine a while back but I don't think you accepted the contact yet?