Thursday, 21 July 2011

34 Weeks





Weight at conception: 74.5kg
Weight at 34 weeks: 79kg
Loss/Gain since last post: 1kg
Total Loss/Gain: 4.5kg
Bump Circumference: 104cm

Milord tells me I'm suddenly huge. It doesn't feel that sudden to me! It's still pretty much all bump although I'm beginning to feel a bit puffy and I'm down to just my wedding ring again. My weight is still the same curve as during Princess' gestation, although the bump is a couple of centimeters bigger - normal in a second pregnancy.

I can still do most things, although I don't attempt ladders or anything that requires balance because my center of gravity is a bit off. My back gets tired when I stand and I don't lift anything heavier than my 11kg toddler... plus the 3kg nappy bag and the 5kg+ of shopping... huh. I actually think I did less lifting last time! And I certainly wasn't clambering straight up slides to rescue little people trapped at the top of the jungle gym like this morning!

I'm rather uncomfortable. Zeus' head has dropped down right onto my bladder which is dreadful... I can't wait for him to drop further and get past the poor abused thing! With the bad cough I've had lately I keep wetting myself as the bladder reacts to the extra pressure like a squashed grape with only one way to explode! Nice.

We are off for another scan tomorrow. Princess was an undersized baby - they say this was caused by her/my placenta being strangely small. I didn't realise (until I googled it this week) but a badly formed placenta is a risk because it doesn't nourish the baby properly. Not only do you get a small baby but the baby could actually die before full term! So we're going to have a close look at my innards and check that all is well - if not then I assume we'll plan to have the baby asap. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

waterbob said...

Wow, you ladies go through a lot. That's a lot of baby there. Our thoughts are with you. Enjoy it if you can - you look lovely though!