Sunday, 6 March 2011

14 Weeks

A bit late - I've been frantically getting ready for Mom's arrival tomorrow! While my house is never disgusting I do have a relaxed attitude towards dust. And the inside of ovens and fridges. And my Christmas lights were still up outside the front. And the laundry needed a spring clean. *sigh* I really hate housework. I do it, but I hate it!

Plus we'll be taking Princess into our room while Mom gets over jetlag so I've moved everything around to fit in a cot. And rearranged Princess' room so that it's nice for a grownup to live in for a month.

Just a lick of dusting and a thorough vacuum left to do and we're ready. Mom lands at 7:15am tomorrow and we can't wait! I've had photos of Mom on slideshow on our digital photoframe for the past week: "There's Granny! Say Granny. Granny. Granny. Where's Granny?"

Princess can now identify her Granny and say "Nanny", which is very cute and may well stick. I've always wondered why so many grannies were called "Nan" and "Nanny", and it must be because the "gr" sound is very hard for babies. Princess has pretty good enunciation, but "r" and "w" are still mostly beyond her.

On the subject of our impending addition, things are going great. I'm staying the same weight while my bump is growing and I'm nearly out of all normal non-stretch trousers and shorts. I'm now at the stage where I'm too big for normal clothes and too small for my maternity wear...





Weight at conception: 74.5kg
Weight at 14 weeks: 70.5kg
Loss/Gain since last week: 0kg
Total Loss/Gain: -4kg

I didn't get around to measuring my bump and thighs this week...

Other preggy symptoms: nosebleeds (when I wash my face), itchy moles, dodgey bladder when sneezing, the odd tingle/stab in my boobs... that's about it.

1 comment:

waterbob said...

Have a great time ladies. The Big Guy is now about to be outnumbered three to one in terms of talking females and will probably love it. Have a great time.