Monday, 20 September 2010

Garden

I enjoy gardening. Since arriving in Sydney I haven't had much chance to garden though, as at first we were in a rental with a low-maintenance garden, and then we've been renovating for the past 2 years and our "garden" is a building site.

Milord has had me in mind all this time though, and he built me a huge planter box down our boundary fence.












Just before Princess' birthday party I finally had a chance to plant plants in it, and they are starting to come along nicely!




4 kinds of lavender, 2 sorts of tiny white daisy, a sage bush and a rosemary bush. A climbing star jasmine, a passionfruit vine and another climber with red trumpets. An abelia bush right at the street end as a screen, and heaps of impatiens and lobelia seedlings around everything for colour. I can't wait for it all to mature and flower! We should attract butterflies, and the scent of jasmine and lavender through summer will be divine!

In the meantime Milord continues to deck along the side of the house, and someday we'll deck the backyard too. It's going to be stunning.

4 comments:

Janey said...

It looks stunning already! Well done, the two of you. Want to come and do ours?

Anonymous said...

Pls do my garden luv Cait

greytonsal said...

Wow, I am impressed! So pleased you are able to get into the garden again! It will look so lovely very, very soon.

Janey said...

I only just noticed the decking. It looks very smart.