Thursday, 19 April 2007

Old News - Newsletter April 2007

We went to a house auction (most inner Sydney houses sell by auction, damn irritating) last night but it went past our finance limit so fast it was actually funny! We've been hunting for a month now, and this weekend have decided to take a break. No rush, and our expectations are slowly coming down. Sydney is sooooooo expensive! Half a million dollars gets you a hovel.

Easter was very quiet, we are still absolutely skint. It rained most of the time so we lazed about reading the paper and watched movies. A spot of gardening when it dried long enough... nice ;-). A couple of meals out and at friends, and I beat him around The Bay by 3 seconds heh heh heh. We went to the Easter Show which is not really our thing... I know where milk comes from, thanks.

Milord had a birthday last week and we had a mob around for a barbie, but it was a schoolnight so fairly civilised. I spoiled him rotten starting over the Easter weekend, although as he'd bought "us" a $2000 camera the other day he only got token pressies ;-). More than I got grumble grumble rhubarb...

My visa application is dragging along. I have received one out of three police checks back (Oz, still waiting for UK and SA), and my medical exam has turned complicated... I have to see a urologist now. I feel healthier than I've ever been, so it's probably nothing! I'll keep you posted ;-).

On Sunday we are doing our first dive in ages, helping remove fishing line from the seabed... Should be interesting, and a good excuse to buy a dive knife!

Work is pretty dull - we have a major release going out this week so we're sitting around while it goes through testing. Not enough bugs obviously! Plenty of time for browsing and blogging, but the days drag...

No comments: