Old News - Newsletter March 2006
Firstly, I have landed a job! The visa is now
processing and I should start work sometime next week
we hope. It is in downtown Sydney, and as luck would
have it there is a bus which goes just about door to
door in half an hour ;-). I'm doing ASP.net stuff,
fleshing out a system which has been built to
prototype by consultants, and now they're using
cheaper contractors to finish it. Not great money to
start with, but a foot in the door and my next
contract should be far easier to get. I'll be working
on the call center webapp for Readers Digest - cool
eh?
What else? Weekend before last Milord and I went off to
Brisbane for a couple of nights - mainly for his work,
but also for me to meet the family. It was his mum's
birthday so the entire bunch were there... 2 Elderly
aunts, his sister and 2 nieces. They're all really
petite, don't know where Milord get's his size from!
Apparently his dad was a learge man. Luckily they are
all very nice and think I am too, so it went well. His
mum is a lot older then I'm used to in inlaws (76) so
I had a bit of trouble relating, but we entertained
each other on Monday while Milord worked and I have a
standing invite to come back at any time!
I think I caught a cold on the plane back, and have
been sick as a parrot since last Wednesday. How I
managed to perform in the interview on Friday I will
never know as I was completely drugged up and fuzzy,
but I guess they're not too fussy! I am now keeping
Milord up half the night with coughing, and feeling very
little guilt as he usually snores fit to rattle the
windows! He's booked in for a sleep clinic next week
to see if anything can be done about it...
This past weekend we went to the Hunter Valley for a
golf competition and stayed with friends. We went to
functions at the clubhouse Friday and Saturday nights,
and Milord played during the days. I fiddled about wine
tasting and exploring the local "town" on Saturday -
to call it a one-horse town would be kind! Reminded me
of those desperate karoo towns between CT and JHB. Oh - I found someone to ceroc with on Sat
night! The style is a little different to what I am
used to, but pretty much the same and still fun ;-).
My new dress flares beautifully! On Sunday I joined
Milord to walk the course and watch. Things sure have
changed from when I used accompany my student mates
for a hack around some scrubby course with a six pack!
We had golf buggies, there were complimentary hotdogs,
snacks and softdrinks all the way around, and
occasionally a bigger buggy of beer would tootle by. A
style I could become accostomed to!
It is our second "montheversary" today, and we are
still going strong - better every day. Milord's divorce
has now finalised which is a nice birthday present for
me!
It's my birthday on Friday, and we have a couple of
things planned. Thursday night we are meeting some
friends at the top of the Shangri La hotel which is
20+ stories high and overlooks the harbour, then we
are all going for dinner. Friday is a secret
apparently... :-o. Saturday we are going sailing on a
friends boat with a few mates. L is over from
Auckland and will be coming along too which is fab.
So, things could not be any better! Even the weather
has been perfect this week - hot and sunny ;-).


No comments:
Post a Comment