Monday, 28 October 2013

Almost Halloween!

2 weeks until Milord starts his new job. 5 weeks until his first paycheck...

It will be Halloween in a few days. Until now it hasn't really featured on my radar except to make sure I have a bag of sweets handy for any trick-or-treaters who might come by.

But, now Princess is 4 and she is old enough to "get it". She is very excited and counting the sleeps until she can go trick-or-treating dressed as a fairy princess.



Yesterday I made my first Halloween pumpkin ever! It was quite tricky - the pumpkin was much harder to cut than I expected. Mom and Princess watched me scoop the innards out with my fingers and declined to have a go. "Go on - it's cool and wet and slimy!"



I cut a friendly face on one side and a scarey face on the other.



I managed to find LED candles at the bargain shop, so Princess and King were able to play with the pumpkin and the candles safely. Princess insisted on having the pumpkin in her room going to sleep - although we made sure the friendly face was facing outward!



I am very chuffed with myself!

1 comment:

Janey said...

I'm not surprised you are chuffed - your pumpkin is brilliant! Well done!