Friday, 5 April 2013

Squint Surgery Take 2

Still no jobs. We are officially running on our credit cards now and will be talking to the bank about pausing the mortgage. I am over my rage and settled into a numb acceptance.

Milord is applying for loads of jobs now. I should be, but I have been very distracted by Princess' second round of squint surgery.

Back in November Princess had surgery to correct her cross-eyed squint, but by December her eyes were beginning to wander into a wall-eyed thing. Turns out her brain didn't get the message to keep the eyes straight, but instead uses one at a time and the one not in use wanders off outward.

It looks awful!

The doctor hasn't seen this before - it is a very rare result. It may be related to Princess' overall low muscle tone and gross motor delays, they don't know.

However, the only available solution is to now weaken the outer muscles of her eyes and hope the brain locks on to both eyes while they are straight. Or if not maybe Princess' eyes will drift inward rather than outward which is far less disturbing to look at.

Before.



Waiting.



Heading into theatre. Poor Princess went to pieces at this point. I had to hold a struggling screaming little girl while they gassed her to sleep. Not. Fun.



Recovery. Princess slept on me for ages while coming around from surgery.



After. Straight eyes! Please please please stay like this!



Since Princess' surgery I have been sleeping like a dead thing. I think I was more stressed than I knew - and I knew I was stressed!

Now I can concentrate on getting a job. Bring it on!

No comments: