Old News - Newsletter September 2005
Well, I’ve been back from Oz for a week now, although
it feels much longer! I had a fabulous time, the place
is gorgeous, the people are wonderful, and the man is
amazing. The feeling appears to be mutual, so much so
that I am starting the process of wrapping things up
here and will be heading Down Under to be with him
early next year! Exciting and scary, but certainly not
dull! I am now pimping my home ready to sell, and once
that completes I’ll be giving notice at work… so watch
this space.
As for my trip itself, Sydney is a stunning city. We
walked all over, seeing the bridge and opera house,
then went out in a boat for the day and explored quiet
bays and posh areas with mansions overlooking the sea.
Then Milord flew me up to the Whitsunday islands for 3
nights, which is a tropical paradise of white sand and
turquoise sea near the Great Barrier Reef, and we did
a little diving, a little walking and a lot of good
food, fine wine and great company. I met a fair number
of his friends who are lovely, rude, loud and
welcoming, and as luck would have it Heidi was in town
on business so he had the chance to meet one of my
mates too!
I don’t think I have ever been treated so well, and we
are disgustingly smitten ;-). He’s even talking about
braving the UK winter to visit me in a couple of
months time!
My Dad has been staying with me for the past week. He
was contracted to bring a ship up from Cape Town to
Newcastle, so took the opportunity to have a little
holiday here at the same time. My stepmom flew
out to join him, and they visited with my stepbrother
for a while and then came to me. The joined me on
the day I landed back from Sydney, which was great as
they kept me up and I was able to get my sleeping
patterns right almost immediately, although I’m not
sure how much sense I was making at the time! I had a
couple of days off to spend with them and we explored
the countryside around Berkshire, involving lots of
pub lunches outside as the weather was hot and sunny
all week.


No comments:
Post a Comment