Old News - Newsletter October 2004
Well, first of all I guess it’s time to tell you all
that I am single again. Zimbo and I broke up a few
weeks ago, but I’ve kept it mostly quiet in the hope
we could work things out. I’m pretty gutted, as I
really liked him. It was very mutual, and amicable,
and we’ve bumped into each other on a club walk since
and been friendly, so that’s good. In a nutshell he
has never traveled and has no desire to, and I can’t
be with someone like that. And he can’t be with
someone who is not ready to settle down. Over the time
we were together we each got steadily more frustrated,
and it was a relief to both of us to separate and stop
holding the other back. I’m hurting, but I’m sure it’s
the right thing to do.
Luckily my Mom was scheduled to visit me for the last
couple of weeks, and that helped a lot. She and I went
to Scotland last week, and had a lovely time walking
and sightseeing. We hired a lovely cosy cottage with a
log stove, which was a delight to come home to tired
and wet! We were fairly lucky with the weather, and
managed two long walks (10 miles and 15 miles). On the
damp days we went to Edinburgh, Stirling, the west
coast and Glen Coe. Scotland is gorgeous, and I’m
already looking forward to going again!
Not much else to tell you, as I’m still a bit blue and
not really chatty yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment