Old News - Newsletter February 2003
After nearly two months of searching I have finally
landed a job!
It's just West of Reading, and takes about half an
hour to get to from where I live, so I don't have to
move, which is brilliant. I'll get to see my bulbs
come up in the garden!
It's a Delphi developer position, in a tight-knit and
friendly company, who seem to work flat-out in a
structured way - just what I was looking for. They're
using the latest versions of everything, and have
already told me I'll be starting off with loads of
training to come up to speed. If you know anything
about IT you'll know this is rather unusual!
The money is a bit less than I was getting at my last
job, but still well within market rates. I start in
two weeks, and I'm quite excited! I'll be their fifth
South African too, so we're slowly taking over the
civilised world.
I haven't been up to much else, as I was battening
down the hatches in anticipation of a long homeless
job search. My Dad has gone home to SA and now my Mom
is staying with me while she looks for housekeeper
work. We've always enjoyed living together, so it's
rather cool to be unemployed together! We've done
plenty of walking around the area, which is quite
rural and lovely if you haven't been to see me yet.
It was T and J's wedding two weeks ago, at which
I had the honour of being bridesmaid with H and
L. It was absolutely glorious and went like
clockwork, and the reception was a jol. Definitely the
wedding to measure others by ;-). T and J get
back from Honeymoon in Thailand and Singapore
tomorrow, and I'm sure their photos will make me
green with envy!
I've had a most annoying cold for two weeks now
(caught at the wedding I think!), which was completely
debilitating for the first week and has had me
coughing like a seal for the second. It is finally on
the way out though, and I hope to get back into the
gym on Monday. My interview suits were decidedly
tight!
I'm being taken to Florence for Valentine's weekend by
Northerner, and I'm really looking forward to it! Eat your
hearts out girls! I'll post my own envy-making photo's
when I get back :-p.
Hmm what else? I'm about to make up for the last two
month's frugality with a terrific shopping spree...
whee!


No comments:
Post a Comment