Tuesday, 8 August 2006

Old News - Newsletter August 2006

7 months here now – I took Milord out last night to celebrate and am feeling a tad fragile today ;-). It’s going to be a long week!

It’s going to be an especially long week actually, as we are off on holiday on Saturday and I can’t wait! The plan was to go skiing with mates for a week, but they’ve been a bit distracted and the snow just isn’t good, so Milord and I have decided to go sailing around the Whitsunday Islands a few hours flight north instead! It’s going to cost double (don’t even ask!) but sounds worth it ;-).

We are chartering a fully catered 40ft yacht for 5 nights for just the two of us, and will be setting our own itinerary around tropical islands with white sand beaches and coral reefs. We can stop pretty much anywhere at night, and we are planning snorkelling, beach walking and lying in the sun with champagne! We’ll be taking our dive gear too as there are a couple of good sites along the way… Oh it’s a hard life!

Apart from that the past month has not been very exciting. We’ve been very busy, but literally nothing to write home about! Far too much domestic stuff sorting out the shed and garden, helping friends move, dinners out and at home… Milord’s been off to Brisbane a few times to see his mum, who’s doing as well as can be expected.

I’ve watched a bit of rugby wearing my new SA supporter’s jersey… You’ll be thrilled to know I was the only greenie in a sea of gold at my local pub the night we lost 49-nil. I had to leopard crawl out of the back door and home afterwards! Last weekend Milord and I went to the SA v Aus game, which was much less embarrassing. I’ve got to download the words to our anthem sometime though, as I just can’t remember it!

We went to an AFL (Aussie Rules) game a few weeks ago too. I didn’t quite get into it for various reasons, so we’re going to have to try it again sometime. Milord and I actually skipped the final quarter (the game goes on for over 2 hours which was a bit much!) and wandered off looking for a pub instead…

Um, that’s about it. I’ll send out a proper jealous making one of crystal sea and sparkling sand soon to make up for it ;-)

No comments: