Old News - Newsletter August 2006
7 months here now – I took Milord out last night to
celebrate and am feeling a tad fragile today ;-). It’s
going to be a long week!
It’s going to be an especially long week actually, as
we are off on holiday on Saturday and I can’t wait!
The plan was to go skiing with mates for a week, but
they’ve been a bit distracted and the snow just isn’t
good, so Milord and I have decided to go sailing around
the Whitsunday Islands a few hours flight north
instead! It’s going to cost double (don’t even ask!)
but sounds worth it ;-).
We are chartering a fully catered 40ft yacht for 5
nights for just the two of us, and will be setting our
own itinerary around tropical islands with white sand
beaches and coral reefs. We can stop pretty much
anywhere at night, and we are planning snorkelling,
beach walking and lying in the sun with champagne!
We’ll be taking our dive gear too as there are a
couple of good sites along the way… Oh it’s a hard
life!
Apart from that the past month has not been very
exciting. We’ve been very busy, but literally nothing
to write home about! Far too much domestic stuff
sorting out the shed and garden, helping friends move,
dinners out and at home… Milord’s been off to Brisbane a
few times to see his mum, who’s doing as well as can
be expected.
I’ve watched a bit of rugby wearing my new SA
supporter’s jersey… You’ll be thrilled to know I was
the only greenie in a sea of gold at my local pub the
night we lost 49-nil. I had to leopard crawl out of
the back door and home afterwards! Last weekend Milord
and I went to the SA v Aus game, which was much less
embarrassing. I’ve got to download the words to our
anthem sometime though, as I just can’t remember it!
We went to an AFL (Aussie Rules) game a few weeks ago
too. I didn’t quite get into it for various reasons,
so we’re going to have to try it again sometime. Milord
and I actually skipped the final quarter (the game
goes on for over 2 hours which was a bit much!) and
wandered off looking for a pub instead…
Um, that’s about it. I’ll send out a proper jealous
making one of crystal sea and sparkling sand soon to
make up for it ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment