Old News - Newsletter June 2001
I see it’s been a few weeks since I last wrote –
things have been very busy over here. I am pretty much
settled in to my new job. I’ve been moved on to a
brand new project, with incredibly stupid deadlines –
but that seems to be the norm in the IT market. It’s
rather nice to be working from scratch after a couple
of years of inherited code though! So I’m very busy
and the days fly by.
Mountain Man and I are being reasonably good about going to
gym a couple of times per week too, which makes the
evenings very late. On the nights we don’t gym we
usually seem to end up meeting friends for drinks or
dinner – I can’t remember the last time I had a cooked
meal at home! Real yuppie lifestyle at the moment…
We’re feeling quite perky with it though – maybe
because of the gyming. Not much weight loss happening
unfortunately, but I’m hoping it’s because the flab is
converting straight to muscle (wishful thinking).
Desperately trying to get bikini-ready before we go to
Provence in 3 weeks. A very long awaited summer
holiday at last – I can’t wait for a week in the sun!
Last weekend was another long one, and we took the
Tuesday off too and went away to Wales with J and
T. In typical fashion it rained for 3 days out of
4, but the Tuesday was stunning although chilly, and I
got a bit sunburnt. We got a lot of reading and videos
done, and J took us on a few misty drives around the
coast. We managed to have a couple of braais on the
patio overlooking the bay, and otherwise patronised
the local pubs and restaurants. It was a lovely
restful weekend, although we didn’t get much sleep and
got home feeling a bit weary – might catch up next
weekend!
My Mom is arriving in 2 weeks, and I’m really looking
forward to seeing her. She and A are coming over
for about a year, looking for a housekeeper/handyman
post on an estate somewhere. I hope they find one in
England so that I can easily visit!
A nice quiet weekend planned now, and I hope to catch
up on some rest!


No comments:
Post a Comment